Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Google Aficianado



So as my husband knows, I love Google. I mean anytime I have the slightest inkling that I want to know something more about a topic, I instantly whip out my iPhone (or ask him to do it if I'm driving because it usually happens when I'm driving).

I think I'm still amazed at the instant knowledge transfer that occurs. There's so much information on the internet that I couldn't possibly begin to absorb but it's just awesome that it's there if I need it. This instant information has become so ingrained in my life that I think I would probably have withdrawal if it was ever taken away! That's not a good feeling but it's something I could live with. There are people everyday that don't have internet but I've had it consistently for over 10 years.

I remember when I first started using the internet on a regular basis. It was my freshmen year of college and the university had installed a brand new computer lab in the basement of the student complex. It was open 24 hours. So yea, that was my first look into it and where I can pinpoint my first geekdom/nerdery beginning. Ah...slow internet and obscure chat rooms. Back when chat rooms weren't just men on the prowl for lonely women. And vice versa.

Thanks, Google and similar search engines, for the instant information and entertainment you've provided over the years.

PBS

No comments:

Post a Comment