Friday, February 5, 2010

Day 5 Alive



So I heard on the news on the way to work that since Six Flags declared bankruptcy last year, Kentucky Kingdom could not find anybody to take ownership of their lease and they will be closing. I felt some unexpected sadness at the news. I thought that Friday would be an appropriate day to post this.

I spent a lot of time at that amusement park when I was younger and it holds a lot of fond memories. When I was high school, they used to hold Friday dance parties there and if you were anybody, you were there. Day 5 Alive it was called. They even had local stations taking video of the party and it was awesome to see yourself on TV the next day. The entrance fee was only $10 and you still had time to ride a few rides before the party started.

I remember a lot of good things about that place and it's kind of sad that it's gone. Just another few memories that I don't want to forget. It's kind of odd seeing things that I enjoyed as a kid go away. Makes me feel old lol.

PBS

No comments:

Post a Comment